- Solid European spruce top
- Flamed maple back and sides
- Fishman Presys Blend electronics with onboard tuner
- Includes Cordoba Arched Top Humicase – Brown – Increases warranty from 3 year to Limited Lifetime Warranty with Cordoba
- Finish: High gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Ebony radiused fingerboard / Fusion style neck
- 48mm nut width with comfortably curved 16″ radiused fingerboard
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 12: 650mm (25.6″) 14: 640 mm (25.2″)
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8″)
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 20 total or 14 to body, 22 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 275mm (10.8″) at upper bout, 365mm (14.4″) at lower bout
- Overall Length: 38.75″
- Body Depth: 98mm (3.9″) at upper bout, 99mm (3.9″) at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend with 4 Band EQ + phase, undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Cordoba Arched Top Humicase – Brown
The Maple belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style “classical” guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1 7/8”). With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional “classical” nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Additional features include cutaway and non cutaway body styles, Fishman or BBand pickups, 2 way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba’s Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a “classical” guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Maple is built with a solid European spruce top and flamed maple back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body (14 also available), and has an ebony fingerboard. The bridge, binding, and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. The Maple is equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a Cordoba Arched Top Humicase – Brown.
The 12 fret model more closely resembles a traditional classical guitar, and allows the bridge to sit a bit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain. The 14 fret model has a more familiar upper register for steel string players. The bridge is shifted slightly forward from the center of the soundboard, increasing ease of playability for the steel string or electric player. More frets are exposed, creating an easier territory for soloing.
FREE SETUP in our shop before shipping on all guitars!